Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Cupcake Massacre

I’m officially salivating….

http://www.thecupcakemassacre.blogspot.com/


Purpose:


A woman is trying to infamously re-create the book and movie, “Julie&Julia”, where the character, Julie, starts a blog after receiving Julia Child’s one of many cookbooks. Julie’s goal is to complete one recipe each day from this cookbook and write a blog about it.
Now, the author of “The Cupcake Massacre” had received a cupcake cookbook and is determined to make a different recipe of cupcakes each week because, “a new recipe a day would cause my pants not to fit”.
I find the entire idea quite neat.

The blog is a personal cooking blog, complete with recipes for her fans to try and well, ones to avoid.

Who is it directed towards:


The blog is directed toward bakers or wannabe bakers. She doesn’t go into her personal life hardly at all, she keeps it strictly cupcake making business.

How Well Written:


The blog is very straight forward with a little commentary in the beginning. I like that it isn’t so stern. I wouldn’t want to get a recipe from a blog that firstly, didn’t have tips or any terms of success and secondly, that I couldn’t relate to. The author does an amazing job relating to her fans and readers. She keeps the blog upbeat and even when something fails, she just laughs it off.
Some of her description of the cupcakes or even butter (oh my, my mouth was frothing for some baguette and a huge chunk of butter after reading that post) are very detailed and makes any reader crave a cupcake.

Gut Feeling:


I love how she came up with the idea of re-creating “Julie&Julia” but gave it her own ,individual twist. And cupcakes?? I love cupcakes! After reading this blog, I feel as if I can go and bake some homemade cupcakes that wouldn’t be a disastrous lump in the pans.


Letter Grade:


A+

The idea and overall purpose of the blog is bubbly, enticing, creative, and humorous.

No comments:

Post a Comment