Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Single Mom Sanctuary

I've become very envious after reading this blog….I found myself scrutinizing the posts for any inaccuracies.

http://singlemomsanctuary.com/category/love-2/dating-2


Purpose:



The blog is a personal blog written by single mother who works for an insurance company but could mistakenly be noted for a writer.

Who is it directed towards:


The woman who writes the blog is a single mother with a four year old daughter but her writings go beyond being a single parent. Her blog can be directed toward any women, not only single mothers. She talks much about her religion, discrimination, surrogacy, divorce, dating, photography, and the stress of work…most women could relate to one or two of these topics.

How Well Written:


The woman is obviously passionate about her blog. She has a voice that swells with pride, strength, and a dash of humor. At times her humor shines through such in the post, “So Confused”, while her strength is undeniable in the post, “I Do Not Hook Up”, which her beliefs and dignity plays in. Overall, her writing reminds me of someone with a background in creative nonfiction writing.

Gut Feeling:


I was very drawn to her blog because I am a single mother myself. As I rifted through her blog, I became more and more intrigued by her and felt a strange connection. The connection was not being a single mom but her writing reminded me so much of my own. We both love playing with humor but when need be, our strength and beliefs developed a concrete structure for more imperial pieces. The first post I read by her was, “I Do Not Hook Up”, and it had an eerie alikeness to my recent post, “Chastity Belt”. I idolize her and the progress she has made within the blog and her life.

Letter Grade:


A++
Best blog I’ve read so far. It’s refreshing to find people who are passionate about things that matter. This woman dedicates her time to write this marvelous blog so readers like me can sit and enjoy it and perhaps discover something new about ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment