Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Sweet Disposition

As I ritually scour Facebook before bed, I come across things just make me question humanity. Enthralling as the virtual world has become, I don’t know whether to feel out of the loop or just more sane than the rest of my “friends”. Then, I began to panic, I am going about this wrong? Am I required to give a play-by-play of my day via statuses, post a picture of myself daily with some exceedingly unintelligent lyrics, write on every males’ wall, write inside jokes on female friend’s wall, write egoistic notes, and like everyone’s posting. Do people actually care or view it as sheer entertainment as I do? So, I have decided to accept the challenge of becoming the average, annoying Facebook girl. Just imagine the possibilities that may give way, such as land me a man, make better friends, become part of an inside joke, be invited to parties, or perhaps piss off people. As I ponder how many people would unfriend me or just roll their eyes in front of the bright computer screen, I developed a grand idea: after a week of being the annoying Facebook girl, the friends who hadn’t unfriended me yet, I would make a consultation of their feelings toward me throughout the duration. Ah, here it goes to being that person I hated. Will I be able to keep it up for a week? Probably not, eh we will see. If all else fails, I will do the opposite of those annoying Facebook fools. I will write on no one’s wall, like no one’s statues, post Lonely Island lyrics under all my pictures, write notes about World Peace, and dubious update statuses to keep people guessing what my day is like. Either way, I’ll smugly be mocking society.

No comments:

Post a Comment